Dr. Sodangi Ibrahim Mohammed, FCIA
(Director, Administration & Human Resources)
Dr. Sodangi Ibrahim Mohammed, FCIA has over 23 years’ experience in service particularly in the field of Administration in various organizations with extensive knowledge and understanding of Administrative functions and procedures in public and private organizations. His guidance and mentorship helps the Commission to make head way through complex governmental procedures. He holds a Ph.D. In Public Admin and Policy Analysis from University of Abuja, and also a Fellow of Charted Institute of Administration.
- Define and disseminate NAHCON’s Manpower Resourcing Policies and procedures, create strategic recruitment and selection plan.
- Design documents and implement NAHCON’s Performance Management System and oversee the design and development of NAHCON’s Compensation Strategy and Programmes.
- Create NAHCON’s Strategic Training and Organizational Development Plans and procedures to meet the Personnel Professional and organizational needs of NAHCON’s employees.
- Define, document policies, and regularly update NAHCON’s career and succession polices, plans and procedures.
- Recommend and maintain organizational structure and staffing levels to accomplish NAHCON’s goals and objectives as well as oversee, redesign of job description as the need arises.
- Evaluate procedures and technology solutions to improve Human Resource Data Management.
- Ensure the maintenance of cordial relations between Management and the employees.
- Evaluate NAHCON’s culture and provide recommendations on changes to accomplish NAHCON’s goals and objectives.
- Develop and coordinate grievance procedures and mediate workplace dispute.
- Recruit, train, mentor, supervise and evaluate subordinate staff.
- Provide inputs for the establishment of the Administrative Policies and Procedures of the Commission.
- Identify and recommend for registration competent administrative service, contractors/providers such as Security Firms and Maintenance Contractors.
- Manage and supervise the provision of efficient Transportation, Security, Welfare and Facility Management Services to the Commission and its employees.
- Monitor and determine non performing contractors and recommend appropriate sanctions for non performance.
- Liaise with Airlines and Foreign Embassies for Air Tickets and Visa Issuance for official trips.
- General Administration of the Commission.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Commissioner, PPMF from time to time.
Shamseldeen Babatunde Ogunjimi
Director, Finance & Accounts (F&A)
Shamseldeen Babatunde Ogunjimi, a native of Ikorodu in Lagos state. Started his early education at Muslims “B” Primary School, Ikorodu where he obtained his First School Leaving Certificate and later proceeded to Government College, Ikorodu, Lagos and graduated in 1985 with O ’level WASC. In the year 1990, he earned a B.Sc (Hons) degree in Accountancy from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka and later bagged a M.Sc (Hons) degree in Finance from the University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos in the year 1999. He is an international keynote speaker and a thorough breed professional with a cognate working experience that spanned over twenty-six years in both the public and private sectors of the Nigerian economy. He is a fellow of the following professional bodies: Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers, Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria, Institute of Public Accountants of Australia, Institute of Financial Accountants (UK), a Certified Fraud Examiner (USA), full member Chartered Institute for securities & Investment (MCSI) UK and Chartered Public Finance Accountant (UK) among other numerous professional qualifications. Other executive educations he had were Harvard Business School: Finance for Senior Executives (2010) and Leadership for Senior Executives – California (2009) as well as London Business School: Influencing & Negotiation Skills for Senior Managers Programme (2011).
He was an investment banker before joining the Public Service in the year 2000 as a Principal Accountant in the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation and subsequently deployed to the Ministry of Defence, Abuja as a Principal Internal Auditor on salary grade level 12. He rose through the ranks to become a substantive Director in January, 2018 having worked in the Nigerian Armed Forces Resettlement Centre, Oshodi, Nigerian Navy, Nigerian Copyright Commission, Federal Ministry of Police Affairs, Federal Ministry of Environment and the Nigeria Immigration Service.
He is a family man blessed with lovely children.
Functions of the Division:
- In charge of receipts of all on-shore and off-shore Hajj account revenue,
- Receipt of payments by pilgrims and tour operators, transfer and payment to the appropriate Saudi Authorities on their behalf;
- Preparation of vouchers and payments;
- Preparation budget of the whole Commission;
- Receives any income accruing to the Commission;
- Makes all appropriate payments to Staff and other beneficiaries;
- Interfaces with the Offices of the Auditor General and Accountant General, the Central Bank of Nigeria and the Federal Ministry of Finance;
- Trains and contributes to financial manpower development for human resources in the Commission.
Alhaji Usman Aliyu Shamaki
Head, Policy Division
Usman Aliyu Shamaki was born in 60s. He attended University of Maiduguri where he obtained his LLB in Sharia Law. He began his civil service carrier with the Commission then known as Directorate of pilgrims in 1992 as a Pilgrims Officer raising through ranks to become Assistant Director (Admin) in the Commission. He has served in different departments and units of the Commission. The officer was once an attaché at the Nigeria Embassy, Saudi Arabia, in charge of Hajj. He has attended National and International conferences on Hajj matters. He is Currently the Head – Policy Division of the Policy, Personnel Management and Finance (PPMF) Department of the Commission.
Functions of the Division:
- To provide mechanism to control the behaviors of the pilgrims, service providers, officials of state pilgrims welfare boards and agencies. E.g. policy for the inclusion of pilgrims with disabilities of pilgrims with specific cases.
- To provide specific guidance towards implementing strategies to achieve the NAHCON’S mission e.g. policy on staff development, employment etc.
- To provide general guidance about the organization (NAHCON) mission.