Dr. Aliyu Abubakar Tanko
HEAD INSPECTORATE & COMPLIANCE DIVISION
Dr. Aliyu AbubakarTanko Born in 60s.From Kaduna State a highly self-motivated with several years of working experience with local and international organizations among youth and student bodies, he has an extensive knowledge on Hajj Education and Orientation. He has worked with Kaduna state Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board. He obtain a PhD in management Studies with practical skills in Human resources Management in Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto. He is married and blessed with kids
FUNCTIONS OF THE DIVISION
The functions of the unit among others are as follows:
1. Liaises with airlines and other relevant government agencies to inspect and certify the facilities of the sub-contractors, appointed by the carriers. i.e. Catering service and other inflight entertainment.
2. The unit also monitors and ensures compliance with the terms and Conditions of the Airlift agreement especially in areas of Passenger Right, Carriage, and traffic.
3. Monitors facilities in pilgrim’s accommodation in Makkah and Madinah throughout the duration of Hajj.
4. Monitors the quality of pilgrims tents, environmental sanitation, services in Muna and Arafat, they also ensure that our pilgrims get value or the money on the provision of feeding in Makah, Madinah and Jeddah airport.
5. The unit supervises the departure centers to ensure that all facilities are provided and functional for the benefit of the pilgrims.
Alhaji, ALIDU SHUTI
Head, Licensing Division
Born in late 60’s. Attended university of Ilorin obtain B.Art Islamic studies, MPA public Administration has over 19 years of working experience in public organizations and currently the head of Tour Operators .
Experience: producer osun state broadcasting corporation Oshogbo 1997-2011 joined National Hajj commission 2011 has a wide vision on state and zonal areas, attended seminars, workshop, conferences Nationally and Internationally training on hajj and umrah matters.
FUNCTIONS OF THE UNIT
1. Licensing of companies that are engaged in Umrah and Hajj services (Travel and Tour Agencies);
2. Airlines operating for Hajj;
3. Cargo companies engaged in Hajj services;
4. Accommodation and Catering Providers in Makkah, Madinah and Masha’ir for Nigerian pilgrims;
5. Application for Hajj license and seat allocation to Tour operators,
6. Application for the air lift of pilgrims under SMPWB/ Agencies and Commissions;
7. Regulations and guidelines for Hajj and Umrah applications;
8. Umrah licenses;
9. Companies’ office verification;
10. Grading of Travel Agencies in collaboration with other units in the Commission
Alhaji Idris I. Mahmud
HEAD, TOUR OPERATORS DIVISION
1. coordinates the entire activities of licensed tour operators, both on-shore and off-shore;
2. initiates calendar of events in collaboration with other units to serve as the link between the Commission and tour operators;
3. relates with the Association for Hajj and Umrah operators;
4. oversees licensing of applicant tour operators by relating to other units of the commission;
5. interfaces with other gov’t agencies on matters related to Hajj and Umrah tour operators.
Aviation Unit which is headed by Alhaji Mohammed Goni Sanda. The unit is responsible for Schedule of Flights and General aviation matter for the Hajj operations.
1. Coordination of process of selection of Air carriers for pilgrims and cargo;
2. Schedule of Flights;
3. General aviation matters for the Hajj operations, including liaison with the Saudi Aviation authorities,