APPLICATION FOR AIRLIFT OF NIGERIAN PILGRIMS UNDER STATE PILGRIMS’ WELFARE BOARDS/AGENCIES/COMMISSIONS FOR HAJJ 2016
Interested Nigerian/Foreign airlines/carriers with requisite operating authorization and experience are hereby invited to submit applications in accordance with the prescribed application form, for the airlift of pilgrims under the State Muslim Pilgrims’ Welfare Boards/Agencies/Commissions from Nigeria to and from Saudi Arabia for 2016 Hajj.
2. The outbound airlift of intending Nigerian pilgrims to Saudi Arabia will commence in the second week of August, 2016, while the inbound (return journey) will commence during the last week of September, 2016. The airlift operations will be conducted at designated Hajj airports in Nigeria and two (2) in Saudi Arabia.
3. Applicants are to note that, Boeing 747-300 and newer series aircraft with capacity to carry a minimum of 450 passengers or other wide-bodied aircraft with capacity to carry a minimum of 300 passengers are required for the operation. The aircraft to be deployed for the operation shall meet the safety and regulatory requirements of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) and the Saudi Arabian General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA).
CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION:
4. Each applicant must be active (operationally) and possess a valid Air Operator Certificate (AOC).
5. Applicants are also required to submit the following:
i) Evidence of Incorporation/Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) or its equivalent for foreign applicants with a minimum share capital of at least five hundred million Naira (N500,000,000.00.).
ii) Certified true copy of CAC forms C02 and C07 or its equivalent in the case of foreign applicants.
iii) Copies of relevant Licences
iv) Evidence of financial capability to fund the airlift operation.
v) Three years audited Company Financial Accounts.
vi) Three years Tax Clearance Certificates.
vii Submission of evidence of registration with PenCom;
viii) Evidence of non-indebtedness to relevant aviation authorities and service providers both in Nigeria and in Saudi Arabia. More particularly, evidence of clearance from indebtedness to NCAA, NAMA, FAAN and SAHCOL, Butake or NAHCO must be provided.
ix) Details/specifications of aircraft to be deployed for the airlift
x) Verifiable written evidence of ownership or lease agreement with the owners of aircraft as confirmed by the NCAA.
xi) Evidence of ability to make available an authentic flight schedule for the operation not less than four (4) weeks before the commencement of airlift.
xii) Proposal for Luggage and Passenger Screening (Security) arrangements in Saudi Arabia.
xiii) Proposal for in-flight Catering Services with an authorized in-flight catering providers in Nigeria and Saudi Arabia with details; name(s) and addresses of caterers clearly stated and subject to joint inspection by relevant regulatory authorities and the Commission.
xiv) Proposal for Crew accommodation during the operation in Nigeria and Saudi Arabia.
xv) Arrangements for over flight clearance, en-route and landing permits. In addition, non-Saudi Arabian foreign carriers shall provide evidence or relevant authorization for unrestricted traffic rights on Nigeria- Saudi Arabia route.
xvi) Proposal for Ground Handling services in Nigeria and Saudi Arabia.
xvii) Arrangements with fuel suppliers in Nigeria and Saudi Arabia.
xviii) Evidence of installation of EGPWS as required by NCAA and GACA.
xix) Evidence of installation of an aircraft tracker/transponder as confirmed by NCAA.
xx) Arrangement for airfreight of 5 litre Zamzam water per pilgrim during the first or second phase of the airlift operation.
xxi) Organizational structure with names, qualifications and schedule of duties of the key staff of the company.
xxii) Insurance which must meet the minimum third party (hull, passenger, baggage/cargo and third party) liability limit set by NCAA.
xxiii) Foreign applicants are also required to submit the above mentioned documents or their equivalents.
6. Each applicant must appear for screening on a date to be communicated after the receipt of the application. Originals of all documents submitted should be made available for sighting during the screening.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS TO BE FULFILLED BY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS
8. Successful applicants screened by the Commission and approved by the Government shall:
i) Provide re-confirmed arrangements/documentations in items numbers xi - xx in paragraph 5
ii) Provide verifiable evidence on item number xxi in paragraph 5.
iii) Comply with the applicable requirements of the Saudi Arabian General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA).
iv) Provide an Advance Payment Guarantee (APG) in accordance with the prescribed format to the tune of 50% of the total airfare.
v) Pay Hajj airlift Licence (Clearance) fee of N2,000,000.00 (two million Naira) to NAHCON.
vi) Execute an Airlift Agreement with NAHCON which contains the terms and conditions of the airlift operation.
vii) Operational center(s) during the airlift are to be opened based on the number of aircraft deployed for the operation by each airline.
viii) Confirm arrangements for procurement and delivery of the five (5) liters of Zamzam water for pilgrims.
ix) Confirm arrangement(s) for the 50% or 100% direct flight to Madina.
x) Confirm arrangement(s) for departure out of Madina of any number of pilgrims that could not travel to Madina before Hajj.
xi) In the case of leased/chartered aircraft, verifiable proof of payment (wire transfer/telex copy) of at least 10% of the full cost of lease/charter
MODE OF APPLICATION
9. Prospective applicants shall :
ii) Pay a non-refundable application fee of N1,000,000.00 (one million Naira) in certified bank draft payable to National Hajj Commission of Nigeria.
iii) Collect an application form from the Secretary of the Commission at the Commission Headquarters.
iv) Complete and submit the application form along with copies of all relevant documents on or before the period indicated below.
SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATION FORM
10. Duly completed Application forms should be submitted to:
The Secretary of the Commission (Room303) ,
National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, Sokoto House,
No. 1 First Avenue, Off Ahmadu Bello Way, Central Business District, Abuja.
The application should reach the Commission not later than four (4) weeks from the date of publication of this advertisement.
11. Please be informed that the application is not intended to create any form of contractual relationship or obligations on the part of NAHCON. Consequently, NAHCON shall not be liable to any applicant for any expenses or loss incurred in connection with the application. NAHCON will contact the shortlisted Applicants for further screening and interview at the appropriate time.